EUA has recently issued a call for speakers for the Fourth Arab-Euro Conference on Higher Education (AECHE 4), hosted by the University Mohammad V, in Rabat, Morocco from 24 to 26 April 2017.
Since 2013, EUA together with the Association of Arab Universities has been collaborating on organising conferences for their members under the AECHE platform. This conference, “Research for sustainable societies – the role of universities,” will focus on bi-regional research collaboration and capacity building between Arab and European universities in the fields of energy, water, food and environment.
It will provide ample opportunities for exchange and networking with colleagues from all over the Arab world. University leadership engaged in strategic collaboration, as well as heads of doctoral/graduate schools, coordinators of bilateral research and capacity building projects, are invited to respond to the call in order to share their experiences and lessons learnt regarding:
- research capacity building and collaboration in water, energy, food and environment;
- development trends in international research collaboration and doctoral education;
- case studies, approaches and models for research collaboration, research capacity building and doctoral education;
- experiences of international research networks;
- accessibility of scientific research results: digitalisation and Open Science.
The organisers expect the conference to produce recommendations for the Conference of Euro-Mediterranean Research Ministers, which will take place on 3 and 4 May 2017 in Malta.
The deadline for the call for contributions is 25 November 2016. For more detailed information, please click here
For the preliminary programme, please click here
To learn more about AECHE, please click here